Introduction

I'm a freelance illustrator/designer/art director and if you think I can help with your project, want to offer words of encouragement or simply say hi, feel free to get in touch.

I'm also on Twitter and Facebook. Follow me to find out every time I haul bits of imagination kicking and screaming into reality.

Wednesday 11 July 2012

Me Tarzan, you Jane.

Its been a busy few weeks, especially having dedicated a lot of time to a new personal project that I'll bring up at a (not too much) later date.

Despite that, I've managed to finish off an image that was started over Easter, inspired by the old black and white Tarzan movies I used to watch as a kid. I wanted to generate an almost naive feeling of adventure and heroism that was delivered in a time when diving into a pool without looking for rocks was fine, as the worst that could possibly happen to the hero was a split lip and a their hair ruffled, albeit momentarily.

The only things it lacks are a heard of 36fps elephants stampeding through a village, and Weissmuller's iconic yodel.


No comments:

Post a Comment